[clug] Chess

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Jun 5 11:31:22 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Now that the great debate about "LCD Monitors That Swivel" had run its course,
an irreverent question about a Chess game analysis programs in Linux.  Over
past 20 or so years, I made use of Fritz 7 for an occasional analysis (and
annotation) of chess games.  Fritz and its successors are very much a paid
Windows programs with jealously guarded code and methodology.

I am looking for some chess *analysis* program in Linux.  Since I switched
over to Linux, "Fritz" is the only remaining tie with Win32 kingdom and I
would like to sever that, too.

Kindly note that I do not wish to play with a  PC - I just want it to analyse
games and pass to me information about alternatives, better moves and such
like.

I am sure that this list hides a bunch of real good chess players, who know
where to find it!

Suggestions gratefully received -

OldAl.
--