[clug] Re: Nvidia based Laptops in the $1200-$2000 range

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:56:31 GMT 2009

>> Stuff that matters: Dual External (1600x1200 on VGA + 1920x1200 on
>> HDMI->DVI) worked first whack with a live CD.
>
> Do you know if it can drive the builtin LCD at the same time as both
> external monitors?

Nope. I will have a hack using separate X displays but I dont hold
much hope. If you really want this I would go for a PCMCIA/slot based
video card.  Some have been reported to work.

Still I have full screen Compiz at (1600+1920)x1200 with no problems
so I am a camper

 >the prospect of a triple-head laptop-based setup is making me drool...  :)

Me too! I once tricked my old ATI based T42 into doing this in that
the VGA and Laptop screen were doing the same thing and a separate
thing on the DVI. I suspect this to have been "not right" though.. :)