[clug] Monitors that swivel

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Thu Jun 4 23:41:31 GMT 2009

On 04/06/2009, at 22:22 , David Tulloh wrote:

> LCD monitors (mine at least) have different viewing angles in
> different directions.  One of the compromises they make is the
> bottom viewing angle is fairly bad.  This only really becomes an
> issue if you rotate it so it's now your side viewing angle.

Just seconding this: I have a HP w2448c - decent 24" monitor that
boasts a stand which lets you rotate to portrait mode.

The vertical viewing angle on this monitor is about 40°, which doesn't
work so well when you make that the horizontal viewing angle. In
portrait mode, I either have to drop back to black-and-white, or only
look at the monitor from slightly to the left (and/or close one eye).

Very annoying.

Alex