[clug] Monitors that swivel

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:07:05 GMT 2009

> Not a long shot at all.  generally it is just a case of adding:
>
>   Option "RandRRotation" "True"
>
> In the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
>
> Or in Ubuntu there is a checkbox (dependant on driver) for rotation
> under System->Preferences->Display.

PS: there is anecdotal evidence (forum posts) to suggest that this has
worked "out of the box" since Ubuntu 8.04 (or the Debian equivalent),
but got broken somewhat in Intrepid. I didn't find this to be the case
but then I run the ATI driver not fglrx.  (and soon back to nvidia! --
the ASUS N51vf arrives tomorrow! yay!)

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)