[clug] Calling all Linux n00bs

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:38:43 GMT 2009

2009/6/4 Mark Purcell <msp at debian.org>

> On Thursday 04 June 2009 12:03:35 Lana Brindley wrote:
> > Disclaimer: I'm not in any way a web dev. My knowledge of HTML is so
> rusty
> > it's only applicable to writing formatting tags in comment boxes. As it
> is,
> > my blog is a total hash of things barely hanging together with duct tape.
>
> Lana,
>
> Could I suggest you run your site through something like w3c:
>

> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com/2009/05/linux-n00bs.html&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com/2009/05/linux-n00bs.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Thanks for all the suggestions! I mentioned it offlist, but I'll repeat it
for everyone's benefit - this blog is about to get a very large makeover, as
it's grown to a point where blogger is no longer going to suit my needs. At
least now I know where to turn when I switch it all over.

Just for you guys, I'll move the poll over into the sidebar so it's a little
more readable. Check back in half an hour or so if you've been unable to
vote so far.

Thanks again :)

Cheers! Lana

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of
madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the
aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and
aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and
vagaries of the crowd.
 -- Edith Sitwell

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more