[clug] Scanner/printer recommendations

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Jun 4 08:52:51 GMT 2009

Hi Bob

I have had an HP 7260 MFC for over a year now and it has worked
faultlessly as both a USB connected deviced and more recently with WIFI
connectivity under Ubuntu.  The device is automagically detected under
Jaunty and only requires allocating the correct driver for it to work as
a printer, scanner and Fax.

FWIW,  I have stuck with HP product since migrating to Linux and have
never had a problem which is more than I can say for a Brother MFC owned
by my daughter which was a real pain in the A@*$# to get functioning.

HIH

Regards

Ian Bardsley