[clug] Re: Yubikeys at CLUG meeting (linux Digest, Vol 78, Issue 6, Message 4)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:58:46 GMT 2009

Hi Karun,

> Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:52:40 +1000
> From: "Karun Dambiec" <karun at fastmail.fm>
>
> Does anyone who participated in the bulk purchase of Yubikeys know how
> we can get access to the Yubikey Management System?
> It appears we need a paypal receipt.

  I didn't think you _could_ get access to their access system.

> Im needing to get my AES key so I can set it up to use with PAM on
> Linux.

  I haven't done a lot of tinkering with my keys yet, but I thought if
you were going to do your own "disconnected mode" client verification
system, your best bet was to "re-personalise" (re-key) the keys.  This
way Yubico themselves can't know your AES keys, should they somehow go
over to the dark side.
 I haven't looked for long, but I've not found much documentation
about doing this yet.

Hope that's some help,

M0les.

--