[clug] Mono in Linux

Nathan O'Sullivan nathan.osullivan at team.mammoth.com.au
Tue Jun 2 01:21:06 GMT 2009

As someone who develops web applications in Visual Studio and deploys on
Mono, my opinion is probably biased.

That said, the core of most anti-Mono arguments seem to be that (to
quote) "Microsoft still holds patents in relation to these standards".

Do they? Which patents? I've never seen any patents specifically named.
And how do these patents manage to cover C# but not Java?

Regards
Nathan