[clug] ABC iview - any joy with linux?

Steve McInerney steve at stedee.id.au
Mon Jun 1 02:26:45 GMT 2009

on 01/06/09 12:12 Steve McInerney said the following:
> One step forward and all that...
>
> the major culprit - so far - was the ~/.macromedia folder.
> rm'd that and managed to get the main screen working.
>
> Unf! the act of playing a video crashes firefox. whee.
>

> For the record and those following along in some distant future:
>
> strace suggests this is the culprit:
> 26119 write(2, "Xlib:  extension \"GLX\" missing on display \":0.0\".\n"...,
> 50) = 50
> 26119 --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
>

> Boom. Now to chase the missing GLX...

Disable H/W acceleration in the flash player itself.
Problem solved.

So to recap:
1. remove the existing ~/.macromedia folder
2. disable (uncheck) the h/w acceleration setting in the flash player

/me now has iview goodness and managed to stop self from watching an entire
episode of Dr Who as a "burn in" test. :-D

Cheers!
- Steve