[clug] ABC iview - any joy with linux?

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 00:48:48 GMT 2009

Steve McInerney wrote:
> Managed to miss Dr Who last night (Major disaster!!!!), and a few recent
> episodes of TimeTeam - these both covering about 90% of my normal TV watching. ;-)
>
> I note that ABC now has this iview thingy, but I've not been able to make it
> work with Ubuntu 9.04/firefox. Just get a semi blank screen. the speed test
> etc all fail.
>
> Have tried a flush/recreate of my firefox install to no joy.
>
> I can (and will if necessary) fail back to my 'doze pc which does work. But
> I'm not ready to admit defeat just yet.
>
> Any tips/pointers from those who have it working?

Hi Steve,
Might be an ubuntu specific issue.
Just fired it up for the first time. Using firefox & the non-free
flashplayer. The speedtest worked fine. As did the opening 30 seconds of
Dr Who.
My firefox has a bunch of plugins as well which would only get in the
way (flashblock, firebug, yslow, cookie manager, tree style tabs, user
agent switcher, web developer etc.)

Maybe check you have the nonfree flashplayer installed?
Outside chance your ISP is blocking it (seems unlikely to me but possible).

Regards,
Hal