[clug] Canberra Google Wave Hackathon Day - Saturday 8th August

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sat Jul 25 05:15:38 MDT 2009

Hi all,

Brenda Moon has been busily beavering away getting a Google Wave
Hackathon ( http://docs.google.com/View?id=dggjrx3s_79dmfmrpch )
day for Canberra and has asked me to post to the CLUG list. It is
primarily targeted at developers (hackers) - not end-users etc.

Details are:

Canberra Google Wave Hackathon Day       Saturday 8th August

PROGRAM:
  9:30am      Registration
10:00am      Talks
   A  presenter from Google (details available soon) will give an
	introduction to the Wave API.
   If you have already been developing for Wave, please consider giving
	a short presentation about what you have done (doesn't have to
	be a formal presentation).
12:00 pm     Brainstorming Lunch (BYO or we will take orders & payment
	for pizza at registration)
  1:00 pm     Hacking
  5:00 pm     Demos
  7:00 pm     Head out for dinner at restaurant (at your own cost).

LOCATION:  Room N101, CIST Building, ANU, North Road, Canberra

You must register if you wish to attend so that a Google Wave Developer
sandbox account can be created for you.  Registrations will close on
Tuesday, 4th August so that the accounts can be created. Numbers are
limited, so please register as soon as possible at: http://tr.im/cbrwave

This day is being organised by volunteers who are interested in Google
Wave development and thought it would be useful to have a Google Wave
developers day in Canberra. Please indicate if you are willing to assist
with organising and running the day. Contact brenda at moon.net.au for more
information.

We will be providing WiFi internet access, but you will need to bring
your own computer. Please have a look at the developer information on
the Google Wave site (http://code.google.com/apis/wave/) as an introduction.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.