[clug] Thoughts on Microsoft's Linux patch?

wally at wic.net.au wally at wic.net.au
Thu Jul 23 22:28:28 MDT 2009

I can't draw the same conclusions as you.

Microsoft is releasing code that will allow it further inroads in the
virtualisation market. This is squarely aimed at VMWare and the likes.

Virtualisation is one of the fastest growing segments atm. MS want a
slice of that pie. All they are doing is trying to ensure that Linux
runs as well (or better) on their OS and their competitors.

Wally