[clug] MythTV ABC tuning problem plus multiple capture cards problems

Matt Smith clug at mattsmith.cc
Tue Jul 21 23:07:51 MDT 2009

On Sat, July 18, 2009 14:32, John Brown wrote:
<SNIP
> for a nagging problem trying to tune to ABC (black mountain). I actually
<SNIP>

Hi John,

Sorry, I overlooked your original post so thanks to the other guys who
replied!

I may not be able to help directly, but I do have a DVICO Dual Digital PCI
rev2 card that you can try if you like.
I'm currently running MythDora 10.21 (MythTV v0.21) with Two Hauppauge
cards (Nova-T-500 and Nova-TD-500), which was recently upgraded from the
TD-500 and the DVICO.

I haven't had any issues with channel locking, only with my initial
channel scan.  As I live in the valley, I receive from Tuggeranong Hill,
and ABC and SC10 broadcast on different frequencies there (ABC - 764.25Mhz
and SC10 - 767.5Mhz).  I cannot recall the original frequencies that are
found, but I think they are in the 200Mhz range.
Once I have performed my initial scan, I simply update the DB with the
correct values, and it all works.

I DO have an issue with DB glitches, particularly on ABC with the DVICO
card, which was my reason for ditching it in favour of the second
Hauppauge.

The DVICO card you have is a hybrid card, do you have the channel lock
problems for both Analogue and DVB TV?

I am happy to loan the DVICO PCI card out if you would like to give it a
try, it has worked for me to watch + record channels, including ABC+SBS
and may help in your quest.
For the record, I also know of a DVICO Dual Digital PCI rev1 who receives
from Black Mountain OK running Mythbuntu.

Cheers,
Matt