[clug] MythTV ABC tuning problem plus multiple capture cards problems

Danny Robson danny at blubinc.net
Tue Jul 21 20:43:29 MDT 2009

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:32:16 +1000
John Brown <jb2904 at johnbrown.com.au> wrote:

> [...] it won't lock onto ABC (haven't tested SBS)
> D'oh!! Web surfing suggests that this may be because ABC Canberra
> uses an offset frequency and the current linux driver doesn't deal
> with that properly?? Is this true? Have others encountered the
> problem, and more importantly know of a way of fixing it?

While I can't check many precise details as my Mythbox is currently
down due to a botched update, ABC has never been a problem for me
(aside from some shoddy reception every now and then). If there's
anything in particular I can check for you I'll hopefully have the box
up again this weekend.

- Danny