[clug] Anyone want to give a talk for this week's CLUG meeting? [SEC=PERSONAL]

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Jul 19 21:56:03 MDT 2009

Hi Chris,

 > If we have Internet or local network on the test machines, why not
 > modify the script to output the results and rsync them somewhere?

The script just creates the test files on the device (or SD card etc).

The actual test results need to come from somebody observing the
behaviour of the device when you try to play the files, view the
images etc.

So what I'll be doing is quickly putting test files on lots of
devices, then asking the owner of the device to test and make sure
they can see all the files. The owner then needs to tell someone the
result who needs to record it somewhere so at the end of the evening I
know what devices were tested and what the results were.

I'll run through it all at the start of the evening with a few test
devices that I will bring so everyone knows how it will work.

Cheers, Tridge