[clug] July Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Sun Jul 19 19:26:06 MDT 2009

       Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 23rd July 2009

Date:           23rd July 2009 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Time:           19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:        Dr Andrew Tridgell

Abstract:
               Tridge will give a short talk on the VFAT dualnames patch
               he has proposed for the Linux kernel (the issue Microsoft
               sued TomTom over).

               He would then like to spend the rest of the evening testing
               the patch against *as many devices as possible*.

               That means he needs you!

               Please bring in all suitable devices you have so that we can test
               this patch. Cameras, mp3 players, phones, GPS units, ebook
               readers, etc. Basically anything that uses FAT32 for storage.

Venue:          Room N101
               Computer Science and Information Technology Building
               North Road
               The Australian National University

               See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:     Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
               about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
               want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.