[clug] Accidental commit to fdisk - rebuild (partitions still mounted)

Neil Symons neil.symons at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:36:51 MDT 2009

Hi all,

I hope there is a simple answer to this.

I am helping out someone who accidentally removed an extended partition
using fdisk on Suse linux 9 (86/64 sp3) and lost more partitions than
expected.
The system is up with all partitions still mounted. The risk is, if he
reboots or unmounts any partition the data may be lost forever.

I do not know how to obtain the current partition information on the drive
to rebuild using fdisk.
Help would be extremely appreciated here.

Regards,

Neil