[clug] searching for a corporate search system

David Howe david at qednet.biz
Sat Jul 18 20:38:58 MDT 2009

I agree, my recent experience at the ABC illustrates part of the
problem. When I left they were using a huge variety of legacy services
and a number of concurrent but unconnected primary services such as
Trim, SAP and Exchange. Searching for content on the web servers by
definition only scratches the surface of the total information content
of the organisation.

In a way searching a single database or even a set of similar databases
is relatively trivial for an organisation, far more work is involved in
organising the data so it can be searched, at least it seems that way to me.

david