[clug] Linux challenges

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:16:20 MDT 2009

2009/7/16 Wesley Bruce <wesleybruce at iinet.net.au>

> Sorry should have reported the distro in the first post. Still figuring
> out the difference between a distro and a bistro.lol
> I have fedora 11 originally 10 but it upgraded last week. On an athlon
> AMD 64 bit  3000+

OK, in that case go to the Applications menu, then System Tools, and click
on "Terminal".

> I'm getting an upgraded computer in 4 weeks to a newer system, video
> card etc and will need to reinstall everything. (There's an untraceable
> short but its not making the thing run badly; it only occurs when it is
> off but powered up. I can't see how that could effect the linux though.)
> I'm asking these questions so I get the installation right the second
> time.

Sounds like a plan to me! Any help you need, don't be afraid to ask :)

Cheers! Lana

The artist doesn't have time to listen to the critics. The ones who want to
be writers read the reviews, the ones who want to write don't have the time
to read reviews.
 - William Faulkner

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more