[clug] Asterix at home

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 15 04:16:04 MDT 2009

Hi all (gender/species/organism neutral enough?),

I'm looking into options for doing VoIP at home. I'm guessing most
folk doing this on this list will be using a dedicated router/modem
with built-in VoIP support, but I want to keep using my Linux home
router/NAT box (with squid, apache, Yubikey-protected SSH etc. etc.).

So, anyone doing VoIP through NAT at home using Asterix? Care to share
your config and/or experiences?

I'm thinking of running Asterix on my NAT router box, and using it to
bridge the RTP packets from the internal to public-IP sides and back.
Is that the right approach?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.