[clug] What? There's sentient beings on this list! Since when?!

Jack Kelly endgame.dos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:55:18 MDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Zoogrek Maobsoifloikanwervb XXVI
<paulway at mabula.net> wrote:
> What's this insistence on sentience and species?  I am an amorphous blob of
> protoplasm and associated enzymes some 4.27 of your cubic metres in volume
> and have been proven not to have sentience by the Galactic Sentience Council
> (417,298th sitting).  I object in the strongest possible terms to your
> discrimination of members of this list based on sentience or even having a
> species - none of my constituent chemicals even has a kingdom!

Dear Zoogrek Maobsoifloikanwervb XXVI,

On behalf of the high council of a
planet-somewhere-in-the-vicinity-of-Betelgeuse, let me extend our
sincere apologies. I did not intend offence.

May I inquire as to how you send messages to this list? I do not mean
offence, but most input devices are not designed for protoplasm.

To the assorted organisms (sentient, protoplasmic or otherwise) and
other non-living entities reading this list: I'm done with this joke
(for real, this time ;-))

-- Jack