[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Tue Jul 14 06:14:44 MDT 2009

2009/7/14 Sam Couter <sam at couter.id.au>:
> Somebody mentioned this before, but what about those who are not
> distinctively male or female? Ambiguous genitalia is more common than
> you might think. On earth at least, I'm not sure about Betelgeusians.

Without getting too stupid about it, I think the main point is that
no-one should go out of their way to be deliberately disrespectful to
anyone, for any reason. Having said that, I don't believe that anyone
has used male-centric language to deliberately alienate any females on
this list, either.

The list is everyone's. Male and female, young and old, and people
should be free to speak how they choose.

At the same time however, there needs to be some degree of
consideration for others. Perhaps, however, people should not get so
easily offended by socially understood meanings of words like "guys",
which in the informal means persons of either sex.

-c