[clug] What? There's sentient beings on this list! Since when?!

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Jul 14 05:07:27 MDT 2009

On 13/07/09 07:25, Jack Kelly wrote:
> Hello fellow sentients,
>
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Jim Croft<jim.croft at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Interesting point of trivia: The word ‘guy’ used as an improper noun was
>>> first introduced to the English language to refer to an effigy of Guy
>>> Fawkes.  Not only women have a right to be offended by its application.
>> One behalf of ropes, tents and yachts everywhere we are deeply, deeply
>> offended by the use of 'guy' in reference to humans of any persuasion
>> or inclination.
>
> As an emissary from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of
> Betelgeuse, I am deeply offended at your implication that everyone on
> this list is human. Please use species-neutral language in the future.

What's this insistence on sentience and species?  I am an amorphous blob of
protoplasm and associated enzymes some 4.27 of your cubic metres in volume and
have been proven not to have sentience by the Galactic Sentience Council
(417,298th sitting).  I object in the strongest possible terms to your
discrimination of members of this list based on sentience or even having a
species - none of my constituent chemicals even has a kingdom!

I will, however, attempt to grow one of your earthly mouth appendages so I can
put my tongue in my cheek.

Regards,

Zoogrek Maobsoifloikanwervb XXVI