[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Jul 12 04:47:13 MDT 2009

On 10/07/2009, at 23:32 , Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> Only in limited circumstances.  For a lot of the population, in a
> lot of
> circumstances it still means male.

The discussion of gender-neutral pronouns even has it's own Wikipedia
page :)  The problem is much older than the "there are no sheilas on
the intertubes" argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-neutral_pronoun

For the moment, I'll stick to using "he" as the gender neutral pronoun
(along with man/men for the collective noun, as per "Firemen" and
"policemen") mainly because I'm too lazy to invent a new pronoun.

As a fan of LambdaMOO, I'm keen on the idea of *e, *er and *eir as
pronouns. Though I never could figure out how to pronounce the splat
properly.

Alex