[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Sat Jul 11 02:11:04 MDT 2009

Absent pre-compiled updates it doesn't seem terribly useful to me either.

I can evaluate it for free, but I can't legally use it for free after that
evaluation.

In fact it seems that Red Hat's support rep uses the same definitions as
Chris:

Me: "So, essentially we can't run RHEL without a subscription?"
> Her: "If you actually run RHEL you have to have a valid subscription
> period. The machines will not die, but you will be in breach of using
> the agreement of the service. You will stop getting updates after this
> time, no security bug fixes and stuff, but once you renew the
> subscription, it will open again."

So at least two people on this list and one RH support rep seem to be using
the same definition of "run" :)

[SNIP]