[clug] Fedora on EFI only Xserve

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Fri Jul 10 00:48:57 MDT 2009

2009/7/4 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>:

> When I boot the defaults I can see the kernel start to load and then
> the video signal disappears.
>
> No matter what kernel options I pass, the same thing happens - I lose
> the signal on boot. I can't find any way to see the screen. The 'text'
> option may well be starting the text only install, but I can't see
> cause the signal disappears.

OK, fixed that problem. Turns out it is kernelmode setting which was
breaking my video. I thought it was X that was doing it, but it
wasn't. So that's why none of my kernel options appeared to affect
anything.

Booting with "nomodeset" stops the video from disappearing and I can
do a text mode install.

Getting EFI to work however, is another thing altogether ;-)

-c