[clug] Launching "launchy" (mozilla-thinderbird plugin)?

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Thu Jul 9 17:52:40 MDT 2009

I am currently exploring the benefits of switching from "mutt" to
"thunderbird/icedove".

Currently. Thunderbird does not handle URL links in received emails.
Reportedly, the "launchy" plugin would may the problem - if I knew where
to put it in a Linux Debian OS. :(

I find the information in the "launchy"home page too cryptic.  It saya:

The autodetection of applications is a Windows only feature. You can use
the launchy.xml feature on all OSes.

and

launchy.xml in the chrome directory in your profile. Get help in finding
the path of your Mozilla profile.

You can use this page to create a launchy.xml file. The content of the
launchy.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configurations xmlns="http://launchy.mozdev.org/configurations">
   <application>
     <label>Mozilla Composer</label>
     <type>7</type>
     <command>c:\program files\mozilla.org

REMAINDER SNIPPED

My problem is that I wanted to use the plugin in conjunction with
"thunderbird" and the suggested location for "launchy.xml" is in
my ".mozilla" directory.

All advice/suggestions will be gratefully received.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)