[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Jul 9 00:12:01 MDT 2009

2009/7/9 David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au>:

> So, you want RHEL with updates for no cost?

Precisely. I was told that I could install RHEL on any computer I
wanted to for free and that if I wanted support some time down the
track that I could get it then.

But the original argument was simply that Red Hat restricts how you
can run their Enterprise Linux software, that is to say you cannot run
it without a subscription and one that matches your hardware.

As I said before, if RHEL is free for anyone to download and run on
any of there machines for ever and a day without ever having to pay
anything, then I'll take back what I said. So far that doesn't appear
to be the case.

Anyway, I fear this discussion has probably run its course..

-c