[clug] Five in 24 hours

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Fri Jul 3 21:16:55 MDT 2009

The issue is whether the small amount of spam that we receive justifies
making the list harder to use, and imposing more work on the list manager.

So far the majority opinion is that it does not.

My vote remains for an open list - allowing people to post without joining
seems much friendlier to me and the CLUG spam is a tiny fraction of the spam
I receive every day.

Most of the spam is filtered away by gmail anyway :)

Cheers,
Neill