[clug] Fedora on EFI only Xserve

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Fri Jul 3 12:12:46 GMT 2009

2009/7/3 Steve Walsh <steve at nerdvana.org.au>:

> You mean something Anaconda's "text" option?

Yep, that does sweet diddly. Well maybe it IS doing something and the
loss of video signal has nothing to do with X starting, I don't know.

I'm booting from the efidisk.img dd'd to a usb thumb drive. It loads
GRUB then boots the kernel, then at some point in the loading process
the signal for my monitor dies completely.

Numlock works, so I assume the system is live. It's not asking for
DHCP request so I can't get it to, although arpwatch suggests it has
an IP of 192.168.10.8 - although I didn't give it that. Also, it has
no ports open so I can't connect to it, even if I tell Fedora to boot
with "telnet" and the like.

So as of right now, I'm completely stumped. Even "serial" didn't work
so I have no way of viewing whatever the installer is doing!

-c