[clug] End of story - was Re: A hardware issue

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Wed Jul 1 07:13:34 GMT 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:49:33 +1000, Boyd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use linux and windows, and also have the same router/modem device.
> I also had similar issues when I first got my netgear device and I
> thought it was well and truly faulty.

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Felix Karpfen
> <felixk at webone.com.au> wrote:

>> After 4 days of persistent tinkering, I have ended up with a lot of
>> egg on my face and the realisation that the newly-purchased NetGear
>> modem will *never* work with my existing hardware.

After a further 2 days of tinkering, following every suggested lead and
staring defeat straight in the face, I grasped at the last straw.

And it solved the problem.

Of course, it was a self-inflicted wound.

Since the mid-1990 my "browser-of-choice" has been Opera.  And I rejoiced
when a Linux version of Opera became available and I was able to bid
farewell to Netscape.

Like all Linux users I have several browsers that are configured for use.
But 95% of the time, I use Opera.

And the NetGear router does not like to be configured in Opera.

When I tried configuring it in Firefox/Iceweasel, it worked first time.

End of story.

And a sincere thanks to all who took an interest in my plight

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)