[clug] Wide area wireless deployment

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Jul 1 04:56:03 GMT 2009

Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> writes:

> Interested.  I have been toying with the idea of a clandestine directional
> antenna to beam the signal a few houses up the street...  Anyone tried to do
> this?

As long as you stay within the total power limits — which means being
*careful* about the gain on the antenna and the power output of the card —
this is completely legal.

The government don't care how you use those 4 watts, just as long as you don't
go above that.

Anyway, for point-to-point stuff over short distances you shouldn't have too
much trouble beyond the basic radio issues ... which make interference most
likely mid-way between the two locations.

Regards,
        Daniel