[clug] Hard disk destruction

Jason Stokes glasper9 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 1 02:28:31 GMT 2009

Matt Andrews  <matt at mattandrews.id.au> wrote:

> s/Man/Grrl/g
>  s/him/her/g
>
> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Subverse/Why-chromosome/articleshow/4721111.cms

Perhaps this is spoiling the fun, but The Y-chromosome is just the DNA equivalent of a global flag,
that is read by a lot of other DNA code to adjust its behaviour.  It's like having a variable debug=true,
and a lot of tests in other parts of the code: if debug == true: ....

There's no reason for it to be any larger than it is.

Jennifer Grave's position is not that the male sex will disappear, but that some other
gene will take over from the Y-chromosome genes in sex determination, and in
fact this is already in the process of happening.  I find even this staggeringly implausible,
but I'm not a self-described feminist" microbiologist.