[clug] What's your favourite computer store?

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Jan 12 01:49:27 GMT 2009

Mark Triggs wrote:
> I've bought parts and one full system from http://www.eyo.com.au/ and
> have always been impressed with them.  They have a good range of stuff
> and have always delivered very quickly (next day in many cases).

I've bought stuff from eyo with a ton of success, and with a ton of
disappointment. I picked up some ECC-REG ram from them mid last year for
the LA servers, and it took them a week to receive it, test it and
confirm it was bad. I can live with that. What I can't live with is the
further 9 weeks, 6 emails and 2 phonecalls and 3 re-tests to get the
replacement piece shipped out.

But, having said that, I've also place over 200 orders from them without
any issues.

--
--==--
Steve Walsh