[clug] Aspire One wireless issues on Kubuntu 8.04.1

Tim Murphy tim at murphy.org
Fri Jan 9 02:09:26 GMT 2009

Hi all.

I've been running Kubuntu 8.04 on my Asus Aspire One without any dramas for
about a month now.  I used the instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne to get wireless up and running
with no problems.

This morning I did an update using Adept Package Manager.  There were 30+
packages which were added or upgraded and some of the new packages were
kernel updates.  After the update (and restart) the wireless card is no
longer found.

I've done a bit of searching and it seems that kernel updates have cause
issues with wifi in the past.  Does anyone know how to revert these updates?

Thanks in advance

Tim