[clug] Eeebuntu

Fred Pilcher fpilcher at netspeed.com.au
Thu Jan 8 02:06:28 GMT 2009

Andrew Loughhead wrote:
> Fred, do you happen to know if skype for linux is useable or stable on
> eeebuntu?  Including video calls using the built in webcam?  I know
> skype is an evil empire and all, but it is what my Dad uses...

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was in Sydney longer than I expected
to be and didn't have access to e-mail.

It's working fine for me, camera and all.

Kim Holburn wrote:
 > Does it also do the two finger trackpad scroll like Xandros does?

Surprisingly, as John's already noted, yes! They must have the drivers
sorted out well. The buttons above the keyboard don't work, though that
doesn't bother me since I've never used them anyway.

:-) Fred