[clug] Bluez blues

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 13:58:31 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 04:09:36PM +1100, David wrote:
> Has anyone successfully gotten a bluetooth access point up and running?

> I'm no slouch at bending Linux to my will, and my brother is considerably better but we have both been forced to put it in the too hard basket until some whiff of knowledge comes along.
> Right now there are no errors being thrown in dmesg (took a while) and the many configuration files seem to be right for gateway device.
> Having said that, it doesn't advertise any services other than remote control - which seems to be the root of the problem - have had only minor problems assigning an IP to the device. Haven't bothered setting up iptables until I can get
> some sort of TCP/IP connection.

I had one working a while ago at work, but I don't have access to the
config files and whatnot until next week. I don't think I ever
deconfigured it.

If I recall correctly, I had a lot of issues with working out what I
wanted it to advertise, and I think bluez used to kill one of its
advertising types pretty quickly, and I had to keep retriggering it
because my phone wouldn't see the other advertisement type.

That was even hazier than I expected it to be...

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/