[clug] Linux mobo - good and cheap

rpeters at pcug.org.au rpeters at pcug.org.au
Sat Jan 3 07:28:12 GMT 2009

I'm inclined to view this as a hardware problem.

I use three CRT monitors routinely with the openSUSE boot CD.  All have
BNC connectors on the cables.  In that situation, they don't signal DDC to
the PC and xorg should default to a fail-safe resolution.  All swork
correctly.  One reports the resolution of the boot process, which is text
on a splash background, as 640x400 at 70Hz and the second stage, which is an
X-windows based install process, as 800x600 at 60Hz.  If an LCD monitor can't
hack those then maybe it is time to retire it to CCTV duties.

I don't own an LCD monitor, but a bunch of Mitsubishi 17" ones I use
routinely in a class room have no trouble with the openSUSE install
process.

Rod