[clug] Perl "Preprocessor".

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 02:59:43 GMT 2009

Thanks all for th suggestions, in the end I went for par as per
Daniels suggestion  (thanks!)

> Yeah, absolutely.  The tool you are after is 'par', which allows you to
> package some combination of:
>
> 1. Your script and non-core modules in a single script.
> 2. Your script and all modules, including core, in a single script.
> 3. Your script, all modules, and the Perl binary, in a single script.

Happen to know if you can make #1 non-dependant on PAR itself?

I can see it happening now..

a) make script with par
b) distribute script
c) user uses script gets error message "install PAR, go to CPAN".

ta

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)