[clug] FOSS course at ANU

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Feb 24 02:41:07 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Bob has mentioned on this list previously that he and I will be
running a masters level course on FOSS at ANU in April. The course is
now open for people to enrol, so if you know of anyone that might like
to learn a bit about FOSS in a university environment then please
point them at this site:

  http://cs.anu.edu.au/students/comp8440/

It will be interesting to see how well it works trying to teach FOSS
in this way. Most people learn how FOSS works by absorbing it when
they participate.

I'd also be curious to hear from anyone that knows of any other
university offering a course with a similar topic. I know of one that
RedHat was involved in in North Carolina, but I don't know of any
others.

Cheers, Tridge