[clug] Help with a python regexp?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Feb 24 00:14:40 GMT 2009

On 22/02/2009, at 12:37 , Michael Cohen wrote:

> Of course the obvious, maintainable, readable, and
> almost certainly faster change would be to modify the python code to
> do what you want.

One man's "readable" is another man's "write only language". Sometimes
the logic of sorting through strings can be far too spaghetti-like,
where a complex regex reduces the line count of "confusing code" to 1,
which is just a regex.

Of course, now that I'm hunting for that example I was working on just
last week, I can't find it...