[clug] Internet banking and browser compatibility

Mark Suter mark.suter at member.sage-au.org.au
Wed Feb 18 22:31:51 GMT 2009

Folks,

mark> What's really going to back your noodle is our MitM for ssh.

francis> Bake, deep fry, and snap.  WTF?  That's completely retarded!

There's no personal use of ssh - it's all strictly work related.
I'm sure because ssh (like most things) is blocked by default.

Doing the MitM permits the gateway to enforce policy regarding
the various ssh options and features.  For example, you cannot
bypass the gateway policies by using port forwarding...

alex> You have to remember that IT divisions in government and
alex> big companies are run by how much money they can spend,
alex> not how much utility they add to the organisation.

I'll acknowledge that; however, I know the team I'm in isn't about just
spending what we're given - we're "lazy" in the Perl sense and more
equipment just for the sake of spending means useless work for us.

--
Mark Suter  http://zwitterion.org/ | I have often regretted my
<mark.suter at member.sage-au.org.au> | speech, never my silence.