[clug] Internet banking and browser compatibility

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Feb 18 22:11:36 GMT 2009

On 18/02/2009, at 18:55 , Sam Couter wrote:

> Yes, I see that your X.509 client certificate is no safer than the
> password you'd have to use in its absence. So why is it you're
> trying to
> do any banking at all from this computer? Your client certificate
> hasn't
> made it any harder than it was already.

I wouldn't do my banking from a work supplied computer in the first
place. An X.509 client certificate isn't going to suddenly make the
work computers more secure for my purposes.

> We can even get to Youtube, but not Google Video.

Funnily enough I can get to Slashdot, but not "The Register", and
"Delicious" is barred as "entertainment" while "Hackzine" is barred as
"Malicious".

This is what we get for letting morons breed and have jobs.

Alex