[clug] Internet banking and browser compatibility

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Fri Feb 13 08:31:16 GMT 2009

Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sends and SMS code (typically 6 digits) to your phone.
>
> Type code into web thingy, get $$$.

I don't have a mobile phone. NAB doesn't allow tranfers to third-party
accounts of more than $2500 without SMS security. I once, before the SMS
thingy, went to the trouble of enabling large dollar amount transfers to
third-party accounts so I could buy a car. I found out that I could no
longer transfer more than $2500 when it came time to pay another large
bill. Thanks for the warning on that one, NAB. And thanks for the
alternate arrangements for those without mobile phones.

Banks suck.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au