[clug] Internet banking and browser compatibility

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Feb 13 05:30:21 GMT 2009

> List,
>
> I'm considering switching banks.  I'm told that the offerings from
> ANZ,
> Westpac or St George most suit our banking requirements.  Can anyone
> using these banks (or others) comment on the browser compatibility and
> usability of their Internet banking facilities.
>
> I'd also be interested to hear about the experiences of anyone using
> two factor authentication mechanisms online with their bank.

My Virgin CC went to Wespac, loging in with Firefox on Ubuntu-8.10 and
pressing a Tab called 'Balance sheet' I received this dialog
To access Balance Sheet you will need to be using a Microsoft Internet
Explorer version 5 browser or above, and a Windows based operating
system.

I presume Balance sheet is something to do with a normal bank account.
My MC transactions were OK

Also, I had to agree to Westpacs Terms and Conditions. I pasted them
into Open Office for a total of 35 pages! The mind boggles

I use ANZ for normal banking, they changed their site a few months
back and all works ok in Firefox now. Opera was a failure, it appears
to trigger "two clicks' when hitting the proceed button. The second
click disconnects the session.

Owen