[clug] Android Phones: Anyone got one? Anyone getting an Optus/HTC phone?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Feb 10 03:39:47 GMT 2009

steve jenkin wrote:
> Anyone already got an Android phone?

I have three. ;)

> Or planning to get a HTC from Optus after Feb-16?
>
> <http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/275393/htc_launches_first_android_phone_australia_partners_optus>
> <http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23037/1231/>
>
> I hadn't caught up the Amazon's Kindle e-books were going to be
> available on Android as well as iPhone and others:
>
> <http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2009/02/09/1234027865445.html>

There are two different statements there... Amazon says they're looking
at phones:

"Amazon spokesman Drew Herdener said on Friday that the Seattle-based
online retailer is working on making Kindle books available "on a range
of mobile phones." The company is not yet saying when the books will be
available, or on which phones or in which countries other than the
United States."

...and Google book search results are now available on phones:

"on Thursday, Google announced that titles available from its Book
Search service can now be read on Apple's iPhone or a phone running its
Android operating system."

They're entirely separate though.

Mikal