[clug] Bigpond Wireless

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 22:28:08 GMT 2009

Hello all, for over a year I've been connecting my Maxon BP3 (Blue Bigpond
branded) USB modem to Bigpond wireless.

I've been cut off.

The modem still works perfectly under Windows but refuses to work under
Linux . I didn't even tinker with it, it just stopped working one day.

I'm no good at reading ppp debug records, but comparing old with new I can
see that where it previously said Ack, it now says Nak. after the long bit
about ms-dns 10.11.12.13

Also illuminating is that the current Windows connection manager requires
the modem to be re-registered once it is used on a different computer. I
suspect there is a magic packet there but I'm not sure where to look.

Any suggestions?