[clug] Seasonal USB dongle fun [SOLUTION]

Andreas Bauer baueran at rsise.anu.edu.au
Sat Dec 26 16:11:14 MST 2009

Hi all,

and thanks to those who responded.  Your responses, in the end, helped
me to narrow it down to a wrong APN (because my other settings were
identical to yours and the modem seemed to work, too).

It turns out with Optus prepaid mobile broadband, the APN has to be
'PRECONNECT' rather than 'INTERNET' or just 'CONNECT' as I have seen
in other peoples configs on the net before.  Also it connects with
both CHAP or PAP.

Hope that other people with the same problem stumble across this
thread sooner or later.  :-)

Again, many thanks!

Andi.

--