[clug] Recommended cabling person?

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 8 14:45:03 MST 2009

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 19:17 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
> My Aunty and Uncle just moved to Canberra from Sydney and we need to
> cable the phone line (which is in the living room) over to the
> computer room at the other end of the house so that they can get ADSL.
>
> Does anyone have anyone qualified that they can recommend, or shall I
> just look in the yellow pages?
>
> -c

Whatever you do *don't* use Telstra. I had a telephone extension put in
and I had a gortex rain coat stolen. Two Telstra people turned up so I
didn't know who did it. The police said they couldn't do anything about
it because I didn't know which of the two took the coat.  Also my
insurance would not pay up because we invited the people into our house.

When I rang Telstra about the issue they wouldn't do anything about it.

John