[clug] Neat Backup Solutions for desktops...

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Mon Dec 7 17:22:16 MST 2009

One problem with streaming encryption is that if you have any data
corruption, data from that point on is lost.

A better choice is to use per-block encryption, such as the hardware
encryption in modern tape drives. In this scenario, the integrity of a block
does not affect subsequent blocks.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org